This is for our ever expanding group of users out there that use Windows servers to manage their applications and services. You may think of Linux (in its various flavors) as being the primary OS of the Cloud, but you’d be surprised. We’re seeing more and more applications and services being hosted on Windows platforms all the time. And the easiest way for you to send your logs to us is by using the Logentries Windows Agent.
Some of you may be saying, “but you already have a Windows Agent?!” Well, our users gave us some great feedback and requested improvements that we couldn’t easily build off the old code base, so we’ve re-implemented our Windows Agent from the ground up.
Here’s what you get with the new Windows Agent:
- Reliable support for all the Windows Server versions
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012, including all the service packs
- We’re using a more efficient protocol
- Now we use Token TCP instead of HTTP Put
- Token TCP is more efficient than HTTP Put because you need only one outgoing TCP connection even when following multiple log files
- With HTTP Put we needed a single HTTP connection opened for each log
- More data!
- The new Windows agent now collects and displays data for CPU, Disk, Network, and Memory, from the Windows server, just as our Linux Agent does
How to Get Started With the Windows Agent
Using the Windows Agent is easy for both new and current users. The installation is as simple as installing any Windows application is. If you’re already sending us logs using the original agent, the new agent will uninstall your current agent, setup it’s Token TCP connection, and continue to send all the logs your original agent was sending, with no interruption in service.
If you have more than 1 or 2 Windows servers, the silent install makes it’s easy to automate the installation process for all your servers, either as new installs or upgrades.
If you’re using the current Windows Agent you can upgrade by getting the new agent. If you’re not currently using the Windows Agent, either Log In to your Logentries instance or try Logentries for free for 30 days!
Sign-up for a free 30 Day Trial
Get set up in minutes, and gain insights in secondsStart Free Trial Setup a Demo